Buyers be aware:
Similar looks do not mean from the same maker
Similar tube arrangement may not have the same circuit designs
Copied circuit may not have the same parts and power/output transformers
(Sophia Electric transformers are epoxy potted to against copycats)
Copycat unit may not have the same sound nor the same reliability
(imagine the copycat amp may use capacitors pulled from the old TV you trashed fifteen years ago)
Reviewed by The Absolute Sound (Page 73)
Reviewed by Enjoy the Music.com
Reviewed by TNT Audio
Reviewed by Positive-Feedback Online
Reviewed by Mr. Gary Krakow on MSNBC
Bi-amp Bi-wire Setup Experiences
This Baby amplifier was voiced to be one of the world's finest amplifiers. Interested party should buy one unit to judge yourself. See User Reviews
1.Wide frequency range from 6 Hz to 80,000 Hz +/-3dB.
2. Impressive -95dB Signal/Noise (S/N) ratio. Which made it possible to drive 112 dB horn speakers without noise. This would translate into dead quiet performance on any speakers you use.
3. Big sound was achieved when there is high definition of music information.
4. Realistic, live performance like, male and female voice. Great for jazz, rack, vocal, and opera.
5. Wide dynamic range makes it also suitable for wide range of music.
6. Have more power and drive capability than a typical 300B single ended amp (8 watts) or a 40-50 watts solid-state amp. Should work with speakers above 89 dB efficiency and 8 ohm impedence.
7. One year Warranty on major parts and labor. 6 month on tubes. Replacement tube is $20 each unit.
8. Special Price: $999.99
1. 10 capacitors upgrade: $375.
2. Powercord $175 for 5 feet length.
3. Speaker cable: 8 feet pair $300, 10 feet pair $350.
4. Interconnection cable: 3 feet pair $400, 6 feet pair $600.